Pumpkin Cake With Marshmallow Frosting + Caramel Drizzle.

I know it's not the nicest photo, but I was too busy eating this 
delicious dessert to have time for pictures!


Yesterday I tried a recipe completely new to me.
I made fresh pumpkin puree, and then made a pumpkin cake with marshmallow frosting and caramel drizzle on top.
I'll share what I did differently under each recipe!

My husband really loved this dessert. I know I've hit a home run when my husband loves something! It was very good, and quite nice to have something different than usual.

I made the pumpkin puree by slicing the top of the pie pumpkin I had and cutting it into quarters. Then I put it on a cookie sheet in the oven at 300 degrees F for 45 minutes. Then I peeled of the skins and blended it in my blender. It would have been easier with a food processor, but it worked out.

Here is a recipe for pumpkin cupcakes. 
What I did differently to this recipe: I made it into a cake instead of the cupcakes and baked for about 5-10 minutes longer. I did about 3/4 cup of sugar instead of a whole cup. I wasn't brave enough to cut it in half, but I think I will next time!
Also instead of all the spices I put in 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice. 
If you want to make your own pie spice here is the recipe I used.
For the marshmallow frosting in this recipe, it calls for the fine ground sugar. I was able to put the sugar in my blender for a few minutes, and it turned out well. 
Also I probably used about half the sugar the recipe called for and it was almost still too sweet for me.

Now for the caramel glaze.
So my glaze turned out very interesting. I didn't have almond butter and used peanut butter instead so... it turned out quite peanut buttery lol. I didn't mind it though, it was actually very good. 
I then used avocado oil instead of coconut oil, and peanut butter instead of almond oil. That's about all I did differently. I didn't add any spices. 

Hope you enjoyed the recipes. Try them out and let me know what you think, and what you did differently!
Thanks for stopping by.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not post any profanity to this blog.